|Rank (CMC)||Price (USD)||Market Cap (USD)||Circulating Supply||Max Supply|
|Latest Pepe (PEPE) News|
PEPE is a cryptocurrency that was launched in mid-April 2023 as a tribute to the Pepe the Frog internet meme.
PEPE is an example of a memecoin, a type of cryptocurrency that is based on internet memes and is usually popularized by influencers or celebrities like Elon Musk. Memecoins have drawn both investor attention and criticism over their perceived lack of seriousness and utility. However, some memecoins have also achieved remarkable returns and market capitalization, such as Dogecoin and Shiba Inu.
PEPE’s official Twitter account describes the token as the most memeable memecoin in existence, adding that the dogs have had their day a reference to an earlier generation of memecoins including the once-popular Dogecoin. PEPE launched on April 17 with little fanfare. It is based on the Pepe the Frog meme, originally created by Matt Furie in 2005 and has previously been associated with the alt-right political movement, among other trends. Like several other tokens based on Pepe the Frog, PEPE does not have an official connection with Furie or the original cartoon character.
PEPE is an ERC-20 token that runs on the Ethereum blockchain, which is secured by the Proof-of-Stake consensus mechanism. PEPE has a total supply and a max supply of 420.69 trillion tokens, which is a reference to the 420 and 69 memes. PEPE has some distinctive features that set it apart from other memecoins, such as:
PEPE does not charge any transaction fee or tax to its users, unlike some other memecoins that impose a percentage of tax on each transaction to fund development or charity causes.
PEPE rewards its holders by redistributing 2% of each transaction to all existing holders, creating an incentive for users to hold their tokens for longer periods.
PEPE burns 1% of each transaction, reducing the circulating supply and increasing the scarcity and value of the token over time.
PEPE was launched on April 17, 2023, with little fanfare and a low initial price of $0.00000002764. However, it soon gained traction and popularity among meme enthusiasts and cryptocurrency traders, thanks to its catchy name, logo, and marketing strategy. PEPE’s official Twitter account describes the token as the “most memeable memecoin in existence” and claims that the “dogs have had their day”, referring to the earlier generation of memecoins based on dog breeds.
PEPE reached its all-time high price of $0.000004354 on May 6, 2023. At its peak, PEPE had a market capitalization of over $1.63 Billion and ranked at #44 position by market cap according to CoinMarketCap. PEPE also attracted significant trading volume and liquidity on various decentralized and centralized exchanges, such as Uniswap (V2), Binance, KuCoin, Uniswap (V3), Huobi, Gate.io, Poloniex, MEXC Global, OKX, LBank, Bitmart, Deepcoin, CoinW, BTCEX, Bitget and more.
PEPE also faced some challenges and volatility along its meteoric rise. Some critics pointed out that PEPE had no real use case or innovation beyond being a meme coin. Some also noted that Pepe the Frog meme had been associated with controversial political movements and hate groups in the past, which could tarnish the image and reputation of the token. Moreover, PEPE is susceptible to market fluctuations and sentiment changes, as well as regulatory uncertainties and security risks.
PEPE still has a loyal fan base and community that supports its development and growth. PEPE’s developers have also announced plans to launch new features and products in the future, such as NFTs (non-fungible tokens), games, merchandise, charity donations, and more.
Investing in PEPE coin depends on your personal goals, risk tolerance, and market sentiment.
- You believe in the potential of the PEPE coin as a deflationary memecoin with a no-tax policy and a redistributive system.
- You want to support the Pepe the Frog meme and its positive image.
- You want to diversify your portfolio with a new and trending cryptocurrency.
- You want to take advantage of the price fluctuations and volatility of PEPE coin.
- You are not comfortable with the high risk and uncertainty involved in cryptocurrency investing.
- You are not familiar with the technical aspects and fundamentals of PEPE coin and its ecosystem.
- You are not confident in the long-term viability and sustainability of the PEPE coin and its community.
- You are concerned about the legal and regulatory issues surrounding the PEPE coin and its meme origin.
- What is Pepe (PEPE) cryptocurrency?
- Pepe (PEPE) is a memecoin and decentralized cryptocurrency built on the Ethereum blockchain. It is inspired by the popular internet meme character “Pepe the Frog”.
- When was Pepe (PEPE) cryptocurrency launched?
- Pepe (PEPE) cryptocurrency was launched in April 2023.
- What are the key features of Pepe (PEPE) cryptocurrency?
- Pepe (PEPE) is a unique meme-based cryptocurrency. It offers features such as decentralized finance (DeFi) functionalities, staking, yield farming, liquidity mining, and an NFT marketplace.
- Is Pepe (PEPE) a good investment?
- As per our price analysis, the Pepe token is currently a low-risk investment. The long-term investment in Pepe Coin appears to be a good option to consider but conduct thorough research before making any investment decisions.
- How to purchase Pepe (PEPE) tokens?
- Pepe (PEPE) tokens can be purchased through decentralized exchanges (DEXs) that support its trading. Ensure you research and choose reputable platforms for a secure transaction.